Sunday, March 10, 2013

C4T Summery


Summery #1
The Principle is talking about a success story a teacher told her about his class. The foreign language teacher states that he was frustrated that his students weren't able to learn certain vocabulary words. He knew that he had to think of something new. He came up with the idea for each word to have a movement. The class bought into the idea 100%. After this new learning strategy was deployed it only took the students one day to learn the whole list. He came to the conclusion, when students are having fun they are more likely to learn.
Comment
Thanks for sharing! I am a student at The University Of South Alabama in a course called edm310. I am going to school to become a teacher. This story really speaks to me, I travel to Guatemala twice a year and when I first started going I didn’t know how to speak a bit of Spanish. I learned what to say and when to say it through movement also. I think its a great way to get kids involved and moving around during the learning process. Thank you for sharing once again. Stephen Alexander

Summery #2
The principle is talking about a seminar that she gave. She states that she had a problem with making it around and observing all of the schools classroom. She said when she would make it to a classroom it was difficult for her to turn it into a meaningful visit. She points out the fact that it is important as a principle to give feed back to teachers on what they are doing right and what they are doing wrong in order for the best possible learning environment. She started using her Google docs in order to give immediate feed back to her teachers.
Comment
I think a lot of people had the thought “why didn’t I think of that” pop up in their head’s while they were reading your post. I know I did. I am still in school at this moment and I do not plan on becoming a principal. I do think as a future teacher this is great. “Lightening fast” feed back means “lightening fast” changes. Thank you for the post Stephen Alexander

1 comment: