Sunday, March 24, 2013

blog post #9


At The Teacher's Desk is a great tool that I am going to include in my (PLN) just like Dr. Strange. I believe that Mr.Joe McClung was lucky to be able to work a long side Mr. William Chamberlain. These two men represent what teaching is all about. They inspire their kids to be great. They also push themselves to be great. I will most certainly be reading At The Teachers Desk on a regular basis. I think its a great idea to write a blog post like Mr.Joe McClung, it allows us to see the progress that we as teachers have made.

After reading Mr. McClung volume-4 post I was amazed. He honestly took the time when he was writing his blog post to evaluate himself. I honestly thought he might talk himself up a little but he didn't. It goes to show that it doesn't take long foe teachers to lose their spark and creativity for teaching. We have to be aware of that as teachers and make the decision to not get in a rut. I love the fact that he is challenging himself with something new. I intend on challenging my self in every way possible in order to become the best. Yes it might be difficult and hard trying something new but in the end its worth it for the students.

I decided to read the post at the end of his third year as a teacher. He makes a great point that he spends some of his time trying to please the people that are over and around him. He knows that it is important to be in good standings with his Superiors but he makes the point that pleasing them shouldn't be our main priority that the kids are. If we focus to much on pleasing people the kids will start to suffer there has to be a balance to pleasing.

2 comments:

  1. He was very fortunate to have Mr. Chamberlain as his mentor in his first year of teaching. TYou are certainly correct about that!

    I hope you will make annual reflections like Mr. McClung.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely agree with you Stephen. Mr. McClung's posts were very descriptive of the things that he learned. I loved reading about his second year and how he chose to continue his reflections because of Dr. Strange and students like us. It makes you realize how inspiring people can be. I feel like I may have to follow in his footsteps whenever I begin teaching.

    ReplyDelete