Sunday, April 7, 2013

C4T Summary #3

1.Jason had read Jon Bergman's blog regarding the flipped teaching model in the classroom. Where the students would get the lectures and plans from the computer at home. Since he is a P.E. teacher he decided to use this same idea for his class. They would get videos on how to play certain games and the rules of those game from their home computer.

I love the idea of flipping P.E. I am a student at the University of South Alabama in a class called EDM 310. I coach at a local high school and some of the coaches are P.E.teachers. We had a conversation last week about ways to teach kids more efficiently and couldn't seem to find a solution, well I believe I have just found it! Great Post. Stephen Alexande

There wasnt a follow up post. So I commented on the post before that.

2. Jason talks about flipping coaching. Using a app called the "coaches eye". This would allow players to watch video footage on a new play or drill that they need to know for practice. They would be able to watch this video away from practice or school. This would allow more time to run the play or drill at practice.
I love this idea!! I coach at a local highschool and we are about to start spring practice. During spring a lot of new kids come out wanting to play. A lot of time is wasted on showing the drill instead of performing it. This could cut down on wasted time. Thank you for sharing

No comments:

Post a Comment