Sunday, April 7, 2013

Blog Post #11

technology in the class
Ms. Cassidy

Ms. Cassidy's class really caught me off guard. It was amazing to see first grade students using technology at such a young age. On the class video the students were talking about how they use technology to learn the alphabet and find meanings to words. I thought that was so cool. They have a larger grasp on knowledge than I did at that age. I know I didn't really start using technology for learning purposes until high school. It's great that they are learning so young. Technology almost becomes a part of them, and they will be more likely to learn new things about technology as they arise. Since I will be teaching high school I will probably stick to Blogs, twitter and webpages. It will still teach my students how to safely use these tools. I will inform them in class these tools are strictly for class work. Outside of class they can do as they please. Ultimately they are young adults and will try to see what they can get away with. Using PLN for anything other then class work during class time will result in a grade deduction. I love that technology is being introduced into the class room at such a young age. My hope is that more teachers will by into this and it allows the upper level teachers to get into more with the students instead of starting at square one.

1 comment:

  1. "Ms. Cassidy's class really caught me off guard." After 10 weeks of EDM310? Amazing!

    What about the interview? Did you watch it?

    ReplyDelete