Sunday, February 3, 2013

Blog Post #3


peer editing

The classmate that I had did a amazing job. She was very clear with her grammar and ideas. For that reason I chose to comment publicly on her post. In the video and slide show that we were assigned to watch really explained what it meant to really peer edit someones paper. I got a huge kick out of watching the little kids, even though it was over exaggeration.
They bring to light a good point. You have to find that balance of being helpful but not to the extent of humiliating the persons or making them feel bad about themselves. I think the C4C is a good assignment because it gives us the practice to see and know when you should comment publicly or privately through email. As a teacher we will have to grade students papers and we have to know how to do that effectively without killing the students passion for trying and putting effort into their work.

Assistive Technologies

The mountbatten is a awesome machine that allows visually impaired or blind students participate in class assignments. Its very advanced in the fact that it can receive and transfer information to and from a computer. this allows the teacher to see how the student is doing and keep it on file. It also printed out what the student is typing so they are able the read their own work.
The main point I believe they were trying to make is that with technology it allows people with disabilities to stay right there with people without. technology has come so far and basically you could say it evens the playing field. I had no idea that my iPad had the voice over feature, i am sure i will be playing with that for a while. I would love to challenge my students to use it for a day.

Harness Your Students' Digital

In the video the teacher has a curriculum to teach but she is changing it to where her students get the most out of it. She is connecting her student to other students around the world. The principle on the film even stated that they are as rural as it gets. Im sure without their teacher they would never dream of doing the things the are doing.
I hope that I as a teacher can inspire and connect my students as well as she has.I plan on connecting my students with other student as a project and have them come together on something while they are worlds apart. I think it will be a amazing learning experience for them.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Stephen, Peer editing is very important. I never really took it seriously until this past year, but it has proven to be helpful to me in so many ways. “I think the C4C is a good assignment because it gives us the practice to see and know when you should comment publicly or privately through email" I love that you said this about peer editing. Last year I really over looked these assignments. I had a girl this year email me to help me better understand why peer editing is so important. She corrected me in a few different ways, and receiving through an email and not just a comment was very helpful. i felt like she respected me and truly cared about making me better. Sending an email you can make it a lot more personable yet blunt. Good luck the rest of the semester, if I had any suggestions it would be to slow it down a little and make it a little more personable to you.

    ReplyDelete