Monday, May 6, 2013

Blog Post #15

Reading my first blog post was really funny. It seemed like I wrote that ages ago. As I sit and imagine my classroom my thoughts have changed a little. I want my class room to be interesting and unique. I believe I will have a lot of project based learning. I will incorporate blogs and google docs. I want my students tho be able tho think for themselves and actually learn the information not just as Dr. Strange says burp it back. I will be teaching social sciences at the high school level.

I want my students to be excited everyday they walk into my class. I want them to sit and stir with excitement thinking about what they will be doing today. As I stated in my first blog post I am a hands on learner so I want my kids to be hands on. I know now how to make that happen in my classroom thanks to EDM310.

As I said earlier blogging will be apart of my class. This will be very helpful for my students to hear from great professors and scholars around the world about history or psychology. I would also like for my students to do a imovie project explaining their research on a certain topic they were assigned.

I also am thinking about having group learning in my class. I have had several group based learning classes and they are awesome. Some might think this will cause some people to be lazy but I have found it gets the students out of their shell and working with other students. As I think about my future it gets me really pumped to be a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment